the beastie boys felt left out

Somehow or another, I felt it unfair to post a favorite songs list regarding Caedmon's Call without following it up with a similar one for the Beastie Boys. I'm not sure why. It just seemed like something I needed to do.

Considering I've been listening to the Beastie Boys for over 20 years, "License to Ill" was literally the 2nd cassette tape I ever owned in my life, I've had the song Paul Revere memorized since I was 11 years old, and the dudes are now like in their mid-40's and still doing some pretty good stuff, I don't really feel that bad about it.

However, I was unable to dwindle my list to 10. Partly because I didn't want to take as much time agonizing over it. So I've trimmed it to 12 ... and they are not really in an particular order, so I won't trouble with numbering them. So, here goes:

Root Down (Root Down)
Body Movin’ (Anthrology)
Negotiation Limeric File (Hello Nasty)
Paul Revere (License to Ill)
Brass Monkey (License to Ill)
Check It Out (To the Five Burroughs)
Right Right Now Now (To the Five Burroughs)
Shake Your Rump (Paul's Boutique)
Sure Shot (Ill Communication)
Get it Together (Ill Communication)
The Move (Hello Nasty)
Just a Test (Hello Nasty)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

There is nothing like cranking up "License to Ill" and driving on a hot summer's day with all the windows down.

That and MY favorite song "Sabotage"