am i Lost?

I was a huge fan of the tv show Alias. I saw all but a couple of episodes over 5 full season.


JJ Abrams created Alias. He also created Lost. Therefore, I committed to watching Lost from the time it first aired on September 22, 2004.

This show has been amazing, confusing, intricately woven, fragmented, maddening, action packed, romantic, emotional, frustrating......you get my point.

There are times I've watched and thought it was some of the greatest story telling I've ever seen on television. Other times I've watched (remember the polar bear back in season one?) and thought, "what the crap does this stuff mean?" And sometimes that question has never been answered.

Lost returns this week. Is this the last season? Don't know. Do I want it to be the last season, or do I want the story to go on for another 2 years? Don't know. Am I as excited about this abbreviated season as I have been regarding previous seasons? Don't know. I do know that I will continue to faithfully watch. I'm too deeply invested not to.

I'm just crossing my fingers and holding out hope that all the loose ends will tie together, the nagging questions will be answered, The Others will be completely identified and ousted, that no more random "survivors" miraculously show up out of nowhere, that Locke will forever inhabit the island and start a profitable adventure program, that Sawyer will come to know Jesus as his Savior, and that Hurley may actually begin to show signs of weight loss.

Considering he's been living on an island for about 4 months, eating nothing but natural fruits and vegetation and walking a good 5 miles a day, I'd say that's not too much to ask.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

JJ Abrams lost my loyalty when the ending of Alias sucked. I loved Alias, and was so disappointed in how it ended. I did not want to get pulled into that again, this I have decided to avoid LOST, and I am glad because the show would make me just that... totally lost.

Hope you are still able to enjoy it.

jason said...

i've pretty much enjoyed the episodes individually, it's just the entire storyline that sometimes leaves me dumbfounded.