6 week veggie update

It's been roughly 6 weeks since I last ate meat. But in the last week, for the first time, I've had to fight off some cravings. This past Sunday after church, we drove to Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains. Eli was eating some chicken nuggets from Wendy's while we drove in the car, and I wanted one really badly. Definitely my worst craving so far. That's kind of sad, though. My worst craving for meat in 6 weeks is for 99 cent overcooked nuggets from Wendy's. Pitiful.

What I have eaten is lots of potatos, broccoli, zuccini, squash, peppers, mushrooms, celery, onion, salsa, bean burritos, salads, chips, pizza with cheese and pepper toppings, rice, vegetable soup, ramen noodles, french fries, granola bars, sweets, and cereal. Not a lot of fruit though, which I need to improve upon. And, as expected, the most difficult task is finding something satisfying to eat when we go out and need to grab something quick.

French fries and apple pies just don't cut it after about the 5th time.

No comments: