some blogging thoughts

Just a few things on my mind this morning....


At this moment, I've received 2,999 visits on this blog since starting it back in July. Not a totally impressive number in comparison to many, but definitely more than I would have imagined. That means about 14-15 people are checking this thing out each day on average. I hope it's been fun for those of you reading. Thank you.

In the last 3 days, I've received over 20 visits to the site as a result of this particular referral. The referral is from some type of "city-data" site for Knoxville, and one of the members on there - an individual from Kingsport - was inquiring about bounce houses. Another member - I do not know who this person is - referred them to this blog, and more specifically to a post I'd done a few months back about bounce houses. This is one of the things I find fascinating about blogging. Somehow, over time, you are connected to people you never knew existed.

And for those of you who may be reading this because you thought you were being linked to a well written and informative "bounce house mania" website, I welcome you and hope you'll enjoy your visit.

And finally....Crossings turned 1 year old yesterday. It was an excellent morning. It featured lots of excitement, cheesecake, great worship, a live broadcast video, living room stories, the kids city group providing music and scripture, a compelling message, and nearly 300 people there to be a part of it. The entire team, in all areas, did an awesome job making so many things happen yesterday, and it made for a truly incredibly anniversary.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Funny, I seem to be the only one consistently commenting.

Oh well.

I think I somehow found your blog because of Crossings, and lost your pastor's due to lack of RSS feed.

Congrats to Crossings.

Anonymous said...

and i thank you for your consistency! i guess my deep and provocative insights just tend to leave people speechless.

or bored.
or disinterested.
or angry.
who knows.

Shelley said...

Some people just don't like to take the time to comment. Its nothing personal, its just a time thing.
At least that's what I hope from my blog.
Either that or you are just way over their heads....