church signs from hell


I love - and hate - the signs you find in front of most churches in the south. Maybe in the north and west too, but I haven't seen enough of them to know. Here's one I just found that made me laugh.

I just don't understand the motivation behind church signs. Very rarely have I encountered one that genuinely captured my interest in a way that made me think, "I think it might be enjoyable to visit that church one day." They mostly make me think, "what jerks", or "how stupid", or "I want to throw eggs at that sign".

Maybe the funniest one I ever read - right here in Knoxville - said "Church parking lot is for church members only. Violaters will be baptized." Pretty awesome, huh?

Do you have any favorite church signs that you've seen?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, you do know that's fake, right?

Anonymous said...

Not really...the website where I found it has it's name thrown on there for advertising, but I'm pretty confident the picture is real. I even think I've read that on a church sign before in person. You can find a lot of other funny stuff at the site.

Anonymous said...

Who is this anonymous guy, and why is he/she so negative?