Is There Anybody Out There?

Does anyone still listen to the band Burlap to Cashmere? To my knowledge, they released one full length album about 8 years ago, and that's it. The album was great! I actually got to see them live in Nashville at a convention....incredible live performance!!

Then, they were gone. I haven't heard about them since. One of their hit songs off this lone album was entitled "Is There Anybody Out There?". It's pretty self explanatory. They ask is anyone out there? Can anybody see? Is there really someone looking over someone like me?

Well, this is my first blog entry ever. The first time I even began reading other people's blogs was about 1 month ago. I'm definitely a newbie. But man is it addictive! Everyone is connected to everyone else. You keep going from blog to blog to blog and an hour has gone by before you know it. I'm actually wondering right now whether anyone out there will even read this entry. The idea of blogging seems pretty cool, and possibly quite therapeutic, but I fully realize the possiblity that this could end up being more of a diary than a real blog. We'll see. I'll try to be faithful nonetheless.

In regards to my blogspot title....I've been through a time in my life where all seemed lost. Down the road, I may expand more on this. But for now, let me just say that a few short years ago I experienced a time in my life that felt much like "hell on earth." I wondered what life could possibly have to offer in the future. I never once considered taking my life, but I did consider the possiblity of packing my suitcase and taking off to who knows where and trying to disappear. Thankfully, God has seen me through. I am now beginning to experience "Life Recaptured", and it's great. I'm actually excited again to see where the road ahead may lead. If I'm lucky, maybe a few of you out there will be able to experience it with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucker! I think you will find that blogging is indeed quite therapeutic. It is always how I wind down after a busy day! Happy blogging!

Shelley said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere.
I really like your title, and it truly means a lot. Great job!

Look forward to reading more...