where are you, arrested development?

At this moment, on my Windows Media Player, Arrested Development is singing the song, "Washed Away" from their excellent 1992 album, "3 Years, 5 Months, and 2 Days in the Life Of...". Definitely one of my favorite albums to listen to, ever.

Every time I listen to them, I can't help but wonder, what in the world happened to them? They were big time, had several really awesome songs (Mr. Wendal is an incredible song), and then they disappeared. Poof. Gone. No more music.

They weren't the only music artists I listen(ed) to that made sort of a sudden disappearing act. I know sometimes it's because of outside circumstances, sometimes because of talent, and sometimes because they're just not making money. Regardless, here are a few that I can think of....and these are only people that I actually listened - or still listen - to.

Arrested Development
Fu-Schnikins
Vanilla Ice
Snow
C&C Music Factory
Burlap to Cashmere
Reality Check
Waterdeep (any word on them?)
Young MC
Heavy-D
O-Town (j/k)

Well, those are the ones that come immediately to mind. I'm sure you can think of others that were important to you.

PS - Now I'm listening to Heavy D and the Boyz, "Now That We Found Love". Awesome song. Where are you Heavy, still trying your hand at acting?

4 comments:

ragamuffinminister said...

hey, don't take me the wrong way my brother, but i'm a little frightened by your music taste.

arrested development, fine.

vanilla ice???? fu schnikens????

you need jesus. :)

Anonymous said...

alright, alright...you should know that one of fu schnikens songs was entitled "Heavenly Father" and was actually a very uplifting song/rap

Anonymous said...

Dude... you need to do some research. Arrested Development is still around. Speech has some solo records that are really good.

Waterdeep has a brand new album out called "Heart Attack Time Machine". I like it but not as much as their old stuff.

I'm with Jeff though... what the crap is up with fu schnikens? I don't care if they did have an uplifting song on their album. You can't polish a turd.

Shelley said...

informer... youknowsaidenemiestoldmeimaplayer...
and icky boom boom now